Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Nothing Exciting, Part 6


Time for another update from the land of tired norns that crowd around the lift but refuse to use it.


Well, this is nice to see! These two are quickly becoming my favorites.


Also, it appears that the second dormant egg has been chucked down the shaft to join the first. I'm hoping that when I'm ready for more norns I can just reactivate them where they are without moving them. It sure would be nice to have some norns not in the incubator room.


This prolific mama goldie doesn't stop laying eggs though.


Oh, at least until that happens. I really should find a way to teach these norns to eat sometime. Keeping up with all the liquid food injections is getting tedious. She's okay now though.


Seeing parents interact with their kids is always nice, even if it's just commiserating.

I guess none of this is terribly interesting, but then, I was kind of expecting that from the beginning after all.

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried EggSitter? ( https://creatures.wiki/Egg-Sitter ) It reactivates norn eggs periodically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I decide I do want to hatch the eggs, I'd much rather them be left where they were laid than always dragging them back to the (apparent prison) of the incubator room.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you treat your Norns in terms of helping them survive and how much you'd consider that cheating but it seems they're more prone to actually fall down if their 'reserve' chemicals are completely used up

    So if you inject the goldpixie and goldmom/pixiemom with Muscle Tissue, Adipose Tissue, and Glycogen they should be able to hang in there for much longer.

    Metabolism Transplant from the regular Science Kit also helps their health a lot but it makes them even more sleepy.

    Just a note if you wanted to keep particular Norns around, from what I understood you didn't play the game for a while. Also they actually seem to get dumber when they collapse because of brain organ damage, 256 norns after 'star disease' often forgot words for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, good point. I have been sticking some of them with metabolism transplant but yeah, maybe I should just go right for the reserve chemicals. It's really no different from what I'm already doing, just that I probably won't have to do it as often.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could remember what COB I used to use... I thought it was Egg Sitter, but I remember that this was something that only worked when injected. I found that to be more desirable because sometimes I like to pause eggs myself. In any event, I find this to be very interesting! I've had dull periods in my games where absolutely nothing happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egg Sitter seems to be the common suggestion, but I'll explore my options when the time comes (and probably make fifty backups of my world first, hah!)

      Delete