Sunday, October 30, 2016

Nothing Exciting, Part 10




The faintings get more and more frequent, and they do more organ damage every time, resulting in more faintings. I've noticed now that some of the faintings are not just hunger related, but I haven't had time to check out what is actually causing them because I have to rush to save another fainted norn. This is getting to be a lost cause, but I have to admit I'm just really attached to some of these norns, especially the moms for some reason.


I noticed mama goldie making this pose a lot, but not actually laying an egg. She must be having some trouble.


..but when I checked the kit I noticed I actually have three norns with stuck pregnancies, and I'm not sure how long they've been that way. I'm not sure if that was what caused the uptick in faintings, or if all the fainting and resulting organ damage had just rendered them all incapable of laying eggs on their own.


I rummaged through my injector kit and found this. It worked a charm. I'm not sure if it was included with the install or if I downloaded it at some point; I can't seem to find the source, but I'm glad I have it. 




I guess I've got quite a few eggs lying around now. I don't really feel like hatching them just yet when I'm trying to keep everyone else alive, but I guess we'll see how the next few days go. I get the feeling it won't be long before liquid food and defibrilliant aren't enough to keep these fragile things going anymore. 

8 comments:

  1. Despite playing Creatures 2 the most and getting deep into genetics I can't explain every collapse (oh dear if I could...) though prolonged pregnancy and organ damage might be the problems... That or they ate detritus.

    But I do know that sometimes, females are 'distracted' when trying to lay eggs. And their organ damage might've lead to having trouble with progesterone levels, even. So essentially, their bad habits stopped them from a biological imperative.

    The power of dum-dumnorns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also made the second version of my breed that doesn't get rewarded for pulling everything when hungry anymore and may possibly be smarter! Yay!

      Delete
    2. My theories revolve around just lots of organ damage too. I hope eventually I'll be more familiar with the way C2 norns work to understand just what is going on here!

      I'm really excited to try out your breed once I'm familiar enough with these (or just get tired of putting up with them, whichever comes first!)

      Delete
    3. My main issue is... I have a playthrough with so many Norns of the first version of the breed that I just can't imagine giving all 2nd and 3rd generation Norns still stuck in their eggs gene therapy to be up to date, nor can I imagine starting anew! :P

      Although I may do that given I likely will have to switch to a new world soon.

      Delete
  2. The egg layer cob might be from the BunchaStuff pack: https://creatures.wiki/BunchaStuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I think you're right, since I see a bunch of that other stuff in my injector too. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. The thing that really bothered me in Creatures 2 was how organs could be killed off, yet often this didn't do anything realistic. My body is dead... I'll just continue moving around normally, thank you! I believe this carried over to C3/DS, because I remember a case study involving a Norn with dead organs. Not some: All of them. Yet he technically couldn't die, and his body couldn't even process anything going into it. I'm rambling and getting off topic, but in a nutshell, I kind of wish the death of organs meant something more than it currently does. Or maybe that's a little too morbid... Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaah, what is the Body organ even in charge of? I think it's mostly just temperature regulation via sweating/shivering? It seems like something like that should have far more consequences than it does. Virtual life is just awfully strange sometimes.

      Delete