Monday, July 27, 2009

The Future of DS

Let's face it guys, we're all but abandoned by Gameware. It really is time we start taking our beloved game into our own hands, and this thread is an awesome place to start. Even if the DS engine doesn't support creature "memory", migratory instincts, or personality traits, with enough CAOS workarounds we can simulate this stuff and make the life sim we've always loved into the game we've always dreamed of.

Wow, did that sound corny or what. Seriously though, check it out and make your suggestions-- you never know, there may be a way to make it happen.

I actually did a lot of work on project BattleStance today-- I finally fixed the lifts to slow them down so creatures wouldn't obsess over them so much, and created the seasonal fertility fruit tree that only bears its fruit in the fall during the time of peace. I also created the tasteless and only barely nourishing rockgrass, which is the only relatively constant food supply in the room. The sprites are really ugly though-- I'll have to work on that. But on the upside, the room is now fully capable of sustaining a small population, so I've been running small wolfling runs in it, just for fun. Maybe I'll put it on LNA one of these days, just to show off the progress.

Unfortunately, I got none of my non-creatures related stuff done today, so I'm going to be pretty busy this week. I'm pretty inspired though. Great things are coming, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment