Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A New Forum!

So Discover Albia just launched a lovely forum, and I thought I was done with forums generally but look at this:



It's mobile-friendly!

The desktop format is also hitting me in the face with nostalgia for Creaturetopia, and maybe that's to be expected seeing as they're both phpBB-based. But wow, I just got flooded with all these memories of Warp Week and back when I was just starting to learn to develop all the way through the beginnings of Garden Box plans, just all those amazing community experiences from around 2008-2012. I feel like that was really the peak of my interest in Creatures and it just holds so many warm fuzzy memories for me.

Okay, it's probably a little unfair to project all that onto this hatchling forum, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel a little bit inspired to do what I can to rekindle at least some of that warmth. What form that will take, I have no idea. But I'm going to try to stay active on this little forum and see if I can chase this spark of inspiration somewhere meaningful.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing and for the very kind words! I know things are a little quiet as we get underway, yet I'm already planning some new forum sections based on feedback. Plus we have the Creatures Challenges coming up next month, and I'm sure some more excitement will come along once I post some more details! It's a pleasure to give something back to this community, and I would be absolutely honored and thrilled if this turns out to be a place that manages to inspire more people to play, explore, develop... Whatever! We'll see how things progress, yet I hope everyone has a chance to enjoy the forum, either as a guest (since everything is viewable to all) or a member. Here's to the future of Creatures!

    ReplyDelete