Monday, March 2, 2009

WolfPotato on Hold

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

I'm not really sure how it happened but this pacing behavior seems to have become so ingrained in the creatures that I can not get the run to advance past generation 100. It's to the point where the creatures hatching in the bottom of the workshop make no effort whatsoever to seek out food, and pace until they die. I did make a short video of this behavior here.

I'm still clueless as to how it happened. The IQ test theoretically should have stopped this behavior.. the pacing-addicts should have died in the workshop and stopped that gene from carrying to the next generation; I guess there must be something about the pacing behavior that also causes the norns to breed a lot so that on the offchance that a pacing norn does get into the main meso, it completely overtakes the gene pool.

Either way, I'm putting the run on hold for now. At a later time when I have the chance I'll try pulling some creatures from past generations to breed with the current ones in an attempt to get rid of this obsessive pacing.

In the meantime, I have been considering a treehugger wolfling run. It would be interesting to breed up a handful of treehuggers that were still pretty survivable. It'll be a while before I have a lot of time to dedicate to Creatures projects though; it is my last semester of college and I have a ton on my plate :P

1 comment: