Monday, November 28, 2016

CCSF Blog Carnival: Day 2

How would you describe your playing style? Do you have lots of worlds, or a few? Do you have strict wolfling runs or do you individually nurture your creatures, or both? Any particular habits or quirks?

I feel like the best way to describe my playstyle would be 'a little of everything.'

When I first created this blog and was trying to come up with a title, I was hoping to encompass this range of play styles. I do wolfling runs, I have nurturing worlds, I have downright strange scenario worlds. I even dabbled in norn fighting back in the day when The Creatures Match was popular.

I like to try out different styles of play to keep things interesting. A lot of these play styles I write assist scripts for, such as Hera, an all-female world where offspring are created from the genetics of the fittest norns. I think a lot about what would make a world interesting without being tedious, and scripts help a lot both in avoiding the amount of work involved (manually exporting every male and tracking the scores of the fittest females by hand would start to kill my interest after a few generations) and in the suspension of disbelief (SERU is probably my favorite example of this).

I hope to develop more scenario scripts and agents that prompt new and interesting game play in the future!

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely looking forward to more of your scripts and agents! In my response to this prompt, I mentioned how I love the ways that my playing style can constantly change. Even reading what others are doing sometimes inspires me to try something different. I will say that a lot of your scenarios have helped me do more, particularly in C3/DS. Hopefully you'll have the time to come out with something soon: You know you've got at least one person who will enjoy it, whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually keep you in mind quite a bit when thinking up scenario scripts! At the very least one of the factors I consider a lot is "will this be fun to blog about?"

      Delete
  2. It's odd to realize some of the people who started last decade or even last century are very much still around...

    And wow, norn fighting was happening at some point? To think that I felt bad when recently I told one of my grendels to hit a Norn after said Norn killed another Grendel right in front of two peaceful local grendels...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norn fighting was totally happening! Well, kinda It was more like people sent in their creatures and the host would drop two at a time in a world and document what went down until one of them died. Most of the time it was more of a survival thing since the creatures were rarely motivated to hit each other, so they just ran around and lived their lives until one of them jumped into the sea or something. It was a little silly perhaps, but these were days before the warp existed, so it was kind of an interesting thing to see how your norns fared in other worlds!

      Delete